Friday 23 May 2014

Gooey Oreo Cookies

Today I've been feeling a bit down and stressed with revision so I decided I deserved a yummy treat. I was absolutely craving a gooey warm half baked cookie. I had no chocolate chips in so decided to get creative... then I remembered I had mini oreos!

oreo cookies, cookie, plain flour, caster sugar, baking, brown sugar, vanilla essence, cookie dough, cookie recipeIngredients (only for 4 cookies):

2tbsp softened butter

3tbsp white caster sugar

2tbsp brown sugar

8oz Plain Flour

2tbsp water

1tbsp Vanilla Essence- I didn't have any today :(

1 packet of mini oreos

Firstly mix together all the sugar and the butter until it is nice and smooth. Then add the water and the vanilla extract... make sure you mix it nice and fast so it doesn't go all curdled like it did for me (oops, told you I don't know what I'm doing). If it does curdle just add some of the flour, but if not add all of the flour straight after anyway.

Mix it all up so it looks like this...

raw cookie, cookie mixture, cookie dough

Now you can add in your mini oreos or if you don't have any then whatever you want to put in instead.
Mini oreo, oreo cookies, oreo cookie mixture, oreo cookie dough

Pop some grease proof paper on a baking tray and put a bit of butter over the top of it so the cookies don't stick to it.

As you can see the recipe says it makes 4 cookies but my photo only has 2...because well, I made my splodges wayweigh too big (pun intended).
mini oreos, oreo cookie, gooey cookie recipe, cookie recipe
I thought it would make them more gooey inside but it probably didn't in the end. Also you could probably make 6 or 8 cookies from that amount of mixture but I just couldn't resist eating some of the dough!

gooey cookie, cookie dough, oreo cookie recipe

If only it were socially acceptable to be obese... I'd be in my element.




No comments:

Post a Comment