Monday 19 May 2014

Prawn and Mushroom Linguine

This is a really quick meal! Btw if you notice the kitchen looks different to usual thats because I'm at my parents' house not at University at the moment. I love cooking here there is so much space and the utensils are such good quality (Happy Emily!) 


Prawn Recipe, Mushroom Recipe, Linguine Recipe, Creamy Sauce, Prawn and Mushroom
Ingredients(serves 1):

About 10 King Prawns

A knob of Butter

1 Small Onion

1 Garlic Clove

2/3 Button Mushrooms

Salt and Pepper

1 Scoop of Vanilla Ice-Cream (don't knock it until you've tried it) 


Firstly, boil the kettle and pop the linguine on to boil. 

Then, I melt the butter in the pan and then fry up the onions, garlic and prawns in it (which makes them taste incredible). Again, because you know by now that I don't like soggy mushrooms, I add them later but you can do them now too if you want. Make sure you have enough butter in so that its nice and juicy like in this picture. 

sautéed onions, fried prawns, fried garlic, melted butter, recipe

I prefer to cook them on a lower heat for longer which stops all the juices from drying out.

Just as the pasta is al dente (nearly cooked) I add the mushrooms and the scoop of ice-cream to the pan with the onions and prawns. I fry them all up for a while, letting the ice cream melt to make a sweet creamy sauce. It is really nice to use the ice cream but it does mean you have to use a bit of salt and pepper to counteract the flavours or it gets a bit too sweet. 

Then I strain the pasta and add it into the frying pan (with the heat turned down low). Once its all mixed in I just check to see if there is a good enough sauce ratio and if there isn't I add some more butter/ice-cream/double cream...any will do. 

Prawn Recipe, Mushroom Recipe, Linguine Recipe, Creamy Sauce, Prawn Linguine

No comments:

Post a Comment